Scanning NIKON digital camera

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Scanning NIKON digital camera

Postby admin » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:31 am

ADMIN NOTE: This was sent via e-mail from Roberto Perotti. Using Arachne, he is unable to upload files to the Forum. Therefore, I am creating this post for him.

Hi Bret,

i send you the file because arachne CAN'T copy and paste to your forum (please place files in usbdrive forum..). In attachment you can found the scan of my nikon coolpix l10 digital camera.The flash memory it'a SD card formatted fat16 site 2 Gb.

The camera it's not recognized from usbuhci+usbdrive , BUT for recognize it with usbaspi+di1000dd i due connect to port a usb hub, then connect the camera to hub( strange !).

P.s. if you update usbdrive , remember to add mod's to usbhub...

Thanks

Roberto iw2evk
Attachments
nikon.zip
(2.18 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: Scanning NIKON digital camera

Postby Bret » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 am

Roberto:

Your Nikon is not even being enumerated properly in the host driver (USBUHCIL) to get to USBDRIVE. Please send the following outputs:

USBUHCIL Host
USBUHCIL AD
uSBUHCUL Descr (Descr must be followed by a space -- that's a bug I need to fix)
USBUHCIL Descr 2
USBUHCIL Descr 3
... (Do a Descr # for each Address assigned except the Root Hub, which you can see with the AD option. You should have at least one for the Hub).

USBHUB S
USBHUB C
USBHUB B
USBHUB X

Also, what happens if you take the SD card out of the camera and plug it into a USB card reader?
Bret

Re:SUCCESS Scanning NIKON digital camera

Postby iw2evk » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:44 am

Hi at all,
i've a good new regarding usb connection of nikon digital camera..

I've FULL access to camera using usbuhcil + usbdrive ALSO without insert a
Usb hub like with usbaspi + di1000dd.

This software appears more intersting!

The others 2 stiks continue to be unrecognized also with usbuhcil..

P.s. usbuhcil support "hot" plugin /plugout ?
And if support, whath is correct mode to plugin-plugout without reload the
drives?

Roberto iw2evk
iw2evk

Re: Scanning NIKON digital camera

Postby Bret » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:12 am

The architecture does support "hot-plugging", and you don't need to do anything special. You should just be able to plug and unplug any time you want. With disks and flash drives, of course, you should NEVER unplug while the disk is in the middle of writing or the data will get destroyed/corrupted. That's true of any removable disk, though, not just USB. After a new disk is inserted, it may take USBDRIVE a few seconds to recognize it and assign it drive letter(s), but it usually doesn't take very long.
Bret

Return to Programs