Any good news?

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Any good news?

Postby Bret » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:55 am

I realize this forum is mostly for problem resolutions, but I'm wondering in general how the USB drivers are working. There are what I would consider relatively few posts here, and the only issues left to resolve right now are with USBDRIVE (figuring out a work-around for the FreeDOS FAT32 bug, and possibly changing the default value of the MaxSectors from 4 to 1).

Either the drivers are working pretty well, or they are so bad that everyone is completely disgusted and doesn't even want to talk to me. I'm not fishing for accolades, but would like to know if things generally are working like they're supposed to.

Thanks, Bret
Bret

Re: Any good news?

Postby iw2evk » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:04 am

HI Bret,

i've tested only few drivers in your distro, because my pc don't use usb
mouse or printer via usb, but ,excluded fat32 bib , the usbstick drivers
are most intersting!
I love the HOT PLUGIN , this solve the annoyng restarting with others
drivers for usb.
I hope in usb cd drivers in the next time, because i've a cd/rw drive via
usb..

You make a greath job for dos users : please don't stop now!!

Roberto iw2evk
iw2evk

Re: Any good news?

Postby Dinosaur » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi Bret

It is just like the life of a Service Engineer, you only get calls when things go wrong.
No news is good news.

I am very happy with your mouse driver, and it works perfectly for me.
The Joystick is still in transit, although I have the interface board. But waiting to test.

Interestingly, I went to test the usb driver on another Industrial board by the same manufacturer,
and lo and behold they used OHCI on that. But it is an older board and wont be used in the future.

Also interesting is the FreeDos post about the usb driver released for oem use. (ie:FreeDos)
but no mouse driver.

Keep up the good work.

Regards
Dinosaur

Return to Programs