USBDOS basics

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

USBDOS basics

Postby gmiki » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:12 am

I have an advantech mini PC (PCM-5820) and I would like to use with MS DOS and USB pendrive. I have downloaded this usbdos program, but I cant use it.
When I start USBUHCI.COM the program says: "There is no UHCI-compatibile USB Host Controller Installed."
I tried to start USBDEVICE, but the program says: "No compatible USB host drivers are installed in memory. Install a program like USBUHCI... and try again"
So, How can I use this program? Please write me some example? Maybe I have to use some parameters but I dont know what is the correct.

When I used usbhosts.com file of USBDOS I got the following data.
Host type: OHCI
PCI BUS:
IDX:0
BUS:0
DVC:19
FNC:0
VENDR:0E11H
PROD:AQF8H
IRQ:11
BASE PHYSICAL MEMORY ADDRESS: D000-4000H
HEWLETT PACKARD (COMPAQ COMP. CORP.)

Thank you for your help.
gmiki

Re: USBDOS basics

Postby Bret » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:05 am

There is no driver yet for OHCI host controllers, only UHCI. I'm working on an OHCI driver now, but it won't be ready for several more months. In the mean time, you'll need to use one of the several other DOS USB drivers that are available.
Bret

Re: USBDOS basics

Postby gmiki » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Thank you for your answer. Other USB DOS programs dont like my machine. I hope this will be good for me.
I am waiting for your OHCI support. ;)
gmiki

Return to Programs