DOS to USB

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

DOS to USB

Postby Barry » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:03 am

I have a DOS machine (I am limited to DOS running 6.22 with no network) This is a stand-alone machine. The machine itself is a ISB (industrial single board computer). It has a USB
port an I would like to be able to print via the on-board USB port. Unfortunately it is of the
OHCI type and Bret has not had the opportunity to upgrade his software to include this protocol. Does anyone have any ideas.

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
Barry

Re: DOS to USB

Postby Wengier » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Well, I believe currently one of the highest priorities for the USBDOS driver is to add OHCI support.

In the mean time, you may try DOSUSB (http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/), which supports EHCI, UHCI and OHCI controllers. However, it is not free, and only some USB flash drives and printers are supported.
Wengier

Postby aigialoslykoy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:41 pm

The best is:

1)//panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/drive/other/f2h_usb.html
there you will find F2H_USB.EXE, execute it, mark USBASPI.SYS and press "WsJ(E)". There will be created a subdirectory \F2H\ with USBASPI.SYS.

2)www.novac.co.jp/support/boot_info/hdd_boot.htm
there you will find mhairudos.zip with DI1000DD.SYS ( and an old USBASPI.SYS which not allways functions well)

3)write in your CONFIG.SYS DEVICE=USBASPI.SYS
DEVICE=DI1000DD.SYS
aigialoslykoy

Postby Wengier » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm

aigialoslykoy wrote:The best is:

1)//panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/drive/other/f2h_usb.html
there you will find F2H_USB.EXE, execute it, mark USBASPI.SYS and press "WsJ(E)". There will be created a subdirectory \F2H\ with USBASPI.SYS.

2)www.novac.co.jp/support/boot_info/hdd_boot.htm
there you will find mhairudos.zip with DI1000DD.SYS ( and an old USBASPI.SYS which not allways functions well)

3)write in your CONFIG.SYS DEVICE=USBASPI.SYS
DEVICE=DI1000DD.SYS

He is talking about *print* via USB port (i.e. USB printing), which is NOT supported by USBASPI/DI1000DD as you mentioned (which is for USB disks, NOT for USB printers). Once again, USBASPI/DI1000DD will *not* work with USB printers.
Wengier

Postby jollyllp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:49 pm

MS-DOS based applications are designed to print on character mode printers. Presently laser and inkjet printers becomes much cheaper and have powerful features, but come with connectivity to only USB ports; which DOS applications cannot access.........
jollyllp

Return to Programs