ibm thinkpad 380xd and usb joystick

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

ibm thinkpad 380xd and usb joystick

Postby amexjoe » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:43 am

i am looking for config.sys and autoexec.bat samples that will help me set up the thinkpad to run a joystick. thanks.
amexjoe

Re: ibm thinkpad 380xd and usb joystick

Postby Bret » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:44 am

Can't help with that specific model. For my drivers, you don't need to do anything at all in CONFIG.SYS. You don't need to do anything in AUTOEXEC.BAT, either, unless you want the joystick to be "permanent".

You should only need to install two programs: the host controller driver (USBUHCIL or USBUHCI) and the joystick driver (USBJSTIK). I suggest you start by reading the documentation for those particular programs (the appropriate parts of USBINTRO.DOC). It's impossible to say what "special" configuration options you may need to enter (if any) to get the programs to work correctly. You should probably also read the parts of USBINTRO that pertain to USBHOSTS & THRUST, since you may need those to help you do some troubleshooting and figure out which options you may need to use.
Bret

Re: ibm thinkpad 380xd and usb joystick

Postby amexjoe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:19 am

hey Bret, thanks.
i did read through the doc,
it was like reading the genealogy in the bible...lol...
i will give it a try this afternoon and post the results.
amexjoe

Return to Programs