Awesome work! :)

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Awesome work! :)

Postby d0pefish » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:02 am

Dear Bret,

Just wanted to say thanks for your efforts on such a useful and comprehensive set of drivers.
I still like to use MS-DOS to play all those old games and was amazed to find your USB stack supports joysticks!

I am very eagerly awaiting any kind of OHCI support as unfortunately my favourite DOS laptop has the OHCI controller.
If you ever need someone to test any preliminary support for OHCI, I'd love to step up and help with providing debug info.

Keep up the excellent work and thanks again! :)
d0pefish

Re: Awesome work! :)

Postby Bret » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:58 am

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still working on things, but it's proceeding slowly since I don't have a lot of time to devote to it.

Incidentally, I've been having a lot of problems with Spam lately, and inadvertently banned you for a little while. I have fixed that now, but you may get an e-mail stating that you have been banned. You can ignore it. Sorry about that.

I remember I had a huge surge of Spam problems at the beginning of last year also, but they seemed to dwindle after a few weeks. I hope that will happen this year as well. If not, I may need to modify the Forum sign-up procedures.
Bret

Re: Awesome work! :)

Postby d0pefish » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 am

You're welcome :)

No problem about the ban, I didn't even notice. :)
Quite strange that you're still getting the spam messages, I would have thought the two questions and CAPTCHA would have stopped them... the bots must be getting better. :?

Looking forward to any developments on the USBDOS front anyway :)

I just remembered I have a USB PCMCIA card somewhere. I've seen PCMCIA mentioned in previous discussions but didn't see any confirmation of it working, so I'll try to find my card and see if it's a). UHCI and b). recognised by your driver and report back. :)

Hopefully this may work around the lack of OHCI support in the meantime if I'm lucky. Ultimate goal would be to be able to use something like an Xbox pad with my DOS machine. I *think* Xbox pads are recognized as standard game controllers by Windows.
d0pefish

Return to Programs