usb floppy and usb cd - cd rw

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

usb floppy and usb cd - cd rw

Postby iw2evk » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:25 am

Hi,
i've tried the klast version of your drivers in freedos 1.1. distro.
I'm wondering thath my usb floppy it's recognizeb via usbdisk.It's work slow but very fine!
Compliments!
On others side, some usb keys are not recognized , and they are a lack in usb cd cd-rw support..

Thanks and good work!

Roberto iw2evk

Milan (italy)
iw2evk

Re: usb floppy and usb cd - cd rw

Postby Bret » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:57 am

Floppies will always be slow. At least on my test systems, the USB floppy I have is actually faster than the floppies built into the computers, though.

You're correct, CD's and DVD's aren't supported yet. That will happen someday, though I'm not sure exactly when.

Regarding the keyboard, USBKEYB has options that will let you "translate" the keys however you want to. The keys that don't currently do anything are probably "special" keys that I haven't seen before, and don't know how to properly "translate" them. I can walk you through the process of figuring that out if you want.
Bret

Return to Programs