Touch Screen DOS driver

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Touch Screen DOS driver

Postby Franko » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Seraching for any Touch Screen USB DOS driver, source code, to use it as a base for my driver (working on driver for DMC's TSC-30 touch controller). Don't have time and patience for staring from 0.0. Thanks to the donor: I will come back with my results, if any and if any interested in.
Franko

Re: Touch Screen DOS driver

Postby Bret » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:22 am

You can probably start with the source code for USBMOUSE. I've been making some modifications to it lately, and can send you the latest source code if you're interested.
Bret

Postby Franko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 am

Thank you for your suggestion. And, it was exactly your USBMOUSE module where I started my "investigation": the mouse is the device which is the most similar to touch screen, at least in the direction mouse > driver (user). Unfortunately, touch controller needs be initiated and calibrated, so the bidirectional communication is necessary. However, I will appreciate if you will send me any additional information or new USBMOUSE code version.
Franko.
Franko

Postby Bret » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:09 am

Well, I don't have a touch screen myself, but always figured if I did I would probably have it work pretty much like a mouse and actually let a mouse driver (CTMOUSE) communicate with the application. My program would just feed the movement and button information to the mouse driver, similar to how USBMOUSE works now. Having never seen how a touch screen interface actually works, though, that may be a bad idea. Plus, the application itself would need to understand what to do with the mouse input. It might be better to have it simulate a keyboard pressing arrow keys and then the enter key.

USBKEYB is similar to USBMOUSE, but does have two-way communications built into it (it issues commands to turn the keyboard LEDs for Cap/Num/Scroll Lock on and off). I don't know if that is similar to what the touch-screen controller requires for communications or not. I can send you both USBMOUSE and USBKEYB if you want, but I'll do it privately since they aren't ready for official release just yet.
Bret

Postby Franko » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

Ok, pls send me these sources. I'll try to find there what I need for touch.
Btw, I successfuly run/use my own RS232 TSR touch driver on RS232 touch cotroller, but it is going to become an obsolete product. This is the reason I want anticipate this, having the USB solution. Not happy for this adventure!
Thank you for your help and made available the set of USB support programs.
Franko.
Franko

Return to Programs