Correct procedure for stopping companion EHCI controller

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Correct procedure for stopping companion EHCI controller

Postby davepaxton » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:56 am

Hi there,

Is there a particular way in in which we stop an EHCI controller with the purpose of passing communications through
to an companion UHCI controller namely do we:-

Start instance 'USBUHCI/L /index n' and then execute 'USBHOSTS /S #'
or do we
Execute 'USBHOSTS /S #' and then start instance 'USBUHIC/L /index n'
or doesn't it matter either way ?

Is the procedure further complicated if we wish to stop multiple EHCI controllers etc. etc?
(I appreciate that we would have to identify the correct relationships between the relative sets of companion controllers)

Regards
Dave Paxton
davepaxton

Re: Correct procedure for stopping companion EHCI controller

Postby Bret » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:23 am

I think it's better to stop the EHCI controller first, and then install USBUHCIL, though it should work either way. At least that's the way I do it on my computer. Here's part of the batch file I use on my current desktop computer, which also includes installing the keyboard and mouse drivers since I don't have any PS2 ports:

Code: Select all
USBHOSTS /StopEHCI 0
USBUHCIL /Index:1 /NoLegacy /NoOther
USBUHCIL /Index:5 /NoLegacy /NoOther
USBHUB
USBKEYB /Real:No /Speed:3
USBMOUSE /Resolution:2

I don't load USBDRIVE by default, since I don't use flash drives on a regular basis. I just install USBDRIVE when I need it, and uninstall it after I'm done.
Bret

Re: Correct procedure for stopping companion EHCI controller

Postby davepaxton » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:01 am

Bret
Thanks for clarification on this I will use the batch file commands in the order you provided.

Cheers
Dave Paxton
davepaxton

Return to Programs