USB Mouse

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Re: USB Mouse

Postby Bret » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:30 am

You'll need to provide a little more detail about what ou've tried so far and what doesn't work. If your Mitsumi keyboard is a "normal" USB keyboard and you're using a UHCI host controller, the existing drivers should work.
Bret

Re: USB Mouse

Postby mh6420 » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:54 am

I had the same problem at first, my PS/2 keyboard stopped working after loading USBMOUSE.COM, and it was not detecting the mouse. After updating to the version 1.3 of USBMOUSE provided in this thread the keyboard was working and it also detected the mouse. The first mouse I tried did not work in games, but that particular one was known to cause problems on motherboards with USB legacy support. And sure enough, when I typed "usbmouse /b" it showed me an error message that the mouse was bad. I tried another USB mouse and it worked beautifully. And as mentioned it is really important to use version 2.1 of ctmouse, I tried version 2.0 at first and that didn't work.

Thank you, Bret, for your hard work in making this driver and providing it to us. I would have never imagined that this could be done.
mh6420

Previous

Return to Programs