RIP to A86/A386?

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

RIP to A86/A386?

Postby shalebridge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:23 am

I've been trying to get ahold of Eric Isaacson through email with no luck, and the order links on his website are broken. Looks like we might need to work on converting the assembly files to NASM or something else to keep working with them if we didn't already have A86/A386.
shalebridge

Re: RIP to A86/A386?

Postby Bret » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:11 am

One of the things I've been working on int he background is converting my source code files from A86 to NASM, but like everything else it's a slow process due to lack of time. Of the available optons, I like NASM the best. A close second is FASM. They both have things I do and don't like about them, though. I definitely don't recommend MASM (or its many "clones") even though it's kind of the "standard".

I don't take the time to convert a program from A86 to NASM, though, unless I'm updating the program for some other reason. The conversion process is is not simple.
Bret

Return to Programs