Current version of USBdos?

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

Current version of USBdos?

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:41 pm

Hi

First post here.

Just want to know the current version as I am going to try out FreeDOS RC5 with USB (I have files dated ~2009).

Richard
Richard

Re: Current version of USBdos?

Postby Bret » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:53 am

The latest version is form Janualry 30, 2010, available here:

http://www.bretjohnson.us/

Most of the programs are from 2009, but a few of them were updated in January 2010. I'm still working on updates as I find time, but that is VERY rare these days.
Bret

Re: Current version of USBdos?

Postby Noradavis » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:20 pm

All I want to do is to find a copy or installation of the most recent (1990's) version of MS-DOS. I will then install it onto the USB I have ...Creating a DOS-bootable USB drive in Rufus is simple. First, connect your USB drive to clicker counter the computer and select it in the “Device” dropdown menu.The "Create Bootable USB Drive" dialog will popup. Click Down-Arrow button, and select "More selection..." from the popup menu. The "Select source for creating bootable USB drive" dialog box shows. Select the option "Create MS-DOS bootable USB drive" and click "OK" button to close the dialog box.Once you have created your bootable DOS USB key, you can insert it into your PC and turn on your computer. Go into the BIOS (typically F2/Del/ESC) and select the USB drive as the first boot device. On newer systems, you might have to enable CSM / legacy boot mode.
Noradavis

Return to Programs