slowdown not executing dos program

The intent of this forum is to discuss my DOS TSR programs (available at http://bretjohnson.us), how they work and don't work, new/missing features, status of updates, and anything else related to them that may need to be discussed.

slowdown not executing dos program

Postby Dan52 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:33 am

Hi, a nuby here.
trying to get a handle on using slowdown. I run old dos radio programming software on an older Toshiba satellite (Pentium 3)
I made up a number of batch files that seem to work, slowdown looks to be doing as it should.
The problem I have is the dos program never runs and slowdown quits normally and removes from memory.
My batch file line is below:
< slowdown /mhz486:100 /useinterrupt70 cd:\mrss\radm100\radmbl >
I get no DOS errors or other failures.
Is there a fix for this ?
TYIA Dan
Dan52

Re: slowdown not executing dos program

Postby Bret » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:34 am

Dan:

The only thing I see is that the executable file name starts with "cd:" which isn't a valid drive letter. I'm not sure why DOS wouldn't give you a "File Not Found" or "Bad Command" error, though.

If you just type the "cd:\mrss\radm100\radmbl" at the command-line, what happens?

If you're actually trying to run an executable file that's stored on a CD, you'll need to load the appropriate drivers to give the CD an appropriate DOS drive letter. A CD normally takes two drivers, one hardware-specific driver for your CD player (usually loaded in CONFIG.SYS) and then MSCDEX (or an equivalent clone like SHSUCDX).
Bret

Return to Programs