The Chicken or the Egg?

The intent of this forum is to discuss the controversial topics of religion & politics. I am a Christian, and know that these topics are very emotionally charged. I hope to keep this interesting and intellectual, and I hope you do the same.

The Chicken or the Egg?

Postby Bret » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 pm

There's an old philosophical question that you can ask people, that's supposed to not have a correct answer: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

Well, if you believe in evolution, the answer should be completely obvious to you. The egg (actually, the eggs) had to come first. If evolution is true, then something (or at least two somethings), that wasn't/weren't a chicken, had to lay at least two eggs. At least one of the eggs had to hatch a rooster, and at least one had to hatch a hen.

Think about this and all its implications, then tell me why you still believe in evolution.
Bret

Re: The Chicken or the Egg?

Postby uslinae » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:00 pm

is it meaningful? :shock:
uslinae

Postby Nisse » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:13 pm

Evolution is really a strange thing if it even exists.
If you look at the neanderthals they look different from the "most of us" :P
but if evolution would exist would it not be logical to have all the different shapes and forms from then to now, if you know what I mean, the all between.
Not only one or two shapes but all the genetic build up to the human form from the old, but what we all see is like chapters in a book, 1 2 3 4. It doesnt make any sense to me..
It's like we perhaps where manufactured in advance to do what we do, so perhaps if we are created by perhaps Aliens who created them and all that stuff, and I am not talking about humans I am talking about all life on this planet. It's like they where created in steps
Nisse

Postby Bret » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Evolution is indeed a very strange thing.

The problem is that when you say something like "it looks like we were created rather than evolved, but maybe it was by aliens" you have created an infinite regress (and infinite regresses are very bad news in logic). If we were created by aliens then the same must be true for the aliens that created us (they were created by other aliens). This goes on into infinity which is illogical.

The only way to get around this problem (without invoking God) is to claim that If you go back far enough, there must have been a first alien that actually evolved and wasn't created by other aliens. That is, the "uncaused cause" is Evolution (not God), but it happened a really long time ago in a place far, far away. It didn't happen here on Earth. In other words, if you claim that "aliens did it" you are disproving Evolution, not affirming it.
Bret

Postby Nisse » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:00 am

I agree with you, but logic is also a human way of working, our logic and the way we think is still only the human way of seeing things.
So what do you think of Evolution Bret ? The one I spoke about here was just a theory and I find interesting, but I really hope evolution does exist with DNA memory and physical evolution and all that stuff..
Nisse

Postby RickCHodgin » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Nisse wrote:I agree with you, but logic is also a human way of working, our logic and the way we think is still only the human way of seeing things.
So what do you think of Evolution Bret ? The one I spoke about here was just a theory and I find interesting, but I really hope evolution does exist with DNA memory and physical evolution and all that stuff..

Evolution is that enemy anti-Christ spirit's way of trying to explain in another way what God actually did. God actually programmed into the original first-generation created things of each kind all of the various types that would exist. And over time they spread out to reveal the variation we have today.

Two original dogs, and the female's litters would have a wide variety of offspring in appearance, size, shape, etc. And each of them had variation within until we get out to the variations we have today, which are pretty much at the end of their genetic movement.
Two original people, and Eve would've had every type of people group that exists on this planet. Some dark skinned, some light. Some blonde hair, some brown. Some green eyes, some blue. Every variation came forth from Even in those early generations. And each of those people then began to produce offspring that were more "honed in" on their appearance. But the source came from the original two.

It's a completely different way of thinking from what we're taught in this world, but it is correct. The study of DNA is actually proving that (that evolution is impossible, and that we were designed). There are so many trillions of things going on inside of our body, everything balanced, at the microscopic nanometer levels, at the protein levels, at the cellular levels, at the organ levels, and then there are things like intelligence and consciousness, which the Bible teaches us comes from us being triune like God Himself, for He is 1) Father, 2) Son, 3) Holy Spirit, just as we are 1) Soul, 2) Body, 3) Spirit, for we were made in His image and likeness.

Bottom line: Evolution doesn't exist. What does exist is God's plan in motion. You can learn about it here:
One Race One Blood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbODW6XO8zY

The truth sets us free from the bondage of the lie.
RickCHodgin

Postby Bret » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:47 am

Nisse wrote:I agree with you, but logic is also a human way of working, our logic and the way we think is still only the human way of seeing things.

Actually, logic isn't a human way of working. That is, it is not something we created and then forced the universe to succumb to our demand for logic. Logic is immaterial and our understanding of it was either discovered, taught to us, or "embedded" in us from the very beginning. The law of non-contradiction, for example, is something even children and animals understand before they are taught anything (e.g., my mom is not my dad). Unfortunately, even something as basic as the law of non-contradiction only works with finite things -- it doesn't apply to infinite things.

Nisse wrote:So what do you think of Evolution Bret ?

Evolution is about as unscientific as you can get. There's not iota of real evidence for it at all, even though it's claimed to be one of the most incontrovertible, well-proven facts in existence today.

Nisse wrote:The one I spoke about here was just a theory and I find interesting, but I really hope evolution does exist with DNA memory and physical evolution and all that stuff.

Why do you hope evolution is true? If you find out that it's not, then what will you do?
Bret

Return to Religion & Politics