Earth Solar System

The intent of this forum is to discuss the controversial topics of religion & politics. I am a Christian, and know that these topics are very emotionally charged. I hope to keep this interesting and intellectual, and I hope you do the same.

Earth Solar System

Postby RickCHodgin » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:58 am

deleted
Last edited by RickCHodgin on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickCHodgin

Re: Earth Solar System

Postby Bret » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:19 am

Rick:

A few possibly interesting things in there, but most of it seems to be pulled out of thin air. The one thing I see as POSSIBLY being plausible is that the Earth was smaller than it is now with a single continent with the Earth getting bigger (perhaps at the time of Noha's flood) and splitting into separate continents. This is similar to the more common Pangea concept, but the Pangea models show the Earth always being the size it is now and it is generally thought that the continents somehow came together and then split apart again (multiple times). I think a smaller Earth that got bigger seems far more plausible than the more common Pangea models.

Where does the 7000 year cycle come from (neither the bible nor the science, AFAICT)? Why is it cyclical and not just a single event? How many times has the cycle happened? How does Jesus doing a "two-step miracle" have anything to do with the planets being an "assembly line" for Proto-Earths? Shouldn't we seem some evidence of Proto-Earth(s) being transported between the other planets? Why does there even need to be an "assembly line" -- couldn't God just "bang" it into existence all at once? Why just use the planets of the Solar System for fabrication (without the Sun seeming to be involved at all) and not the entire Universe or at least the entire Milky Way galaxy somehow involved in the fabrication?

It seems to me as though you have a HIGHLY speculative theory that has no positive evidence at all (at least not that I can observe) and you are asking for others to prove you wrong instead of providing at least some evidence at all that you might be right.

This reminds me a little bit of what happened to Russell Humphries when he used a model of a 6000-year old Solar System and the planets initially being water to calculate what he thought we would measure the gravity to be of several of the planets (Mercury, Mars, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) when we actually measured them. He did this long before the satellites flew by the planets and measured the magnetic fields, and his predictions turned out to be almost perfect while the "regular" scientists predictions were WAY wrong. Of course, the scientists still don't believe he was right even though his predictions were correct. You'll need a way to validate/vindicate your theory instead of just leaving it hanging and waiting for someone else to disprove it.
Bret

Postby RickCHodgin » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:11 pm

deleted
Last edited by RickCHodgin on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickCHodgin

Postby Bret » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:52 am

RickCHodgin wrote: How many times has the cycle happened?

Given that it would take approximately 870K years for a single Earth to be produced in this system though God would've created everything initially in its ready-to-go state, so the second Earth would've come after the first 7,000 years fairly quickly, and given that we see Venus in (what this theory states is) its current state of recycling, and Mercury, and we have an asteroid belt, and another Mars in queue... More than a few most likely. If we consider that the sun is the Biblical lake of fire and souls are cast in there, and how big the sun is... Many most likely.

Well, that's a big part of my point -- you're answer is essentially, "Well, it could be anywhere between one and infinity." You really don't need any proof of such a theory -- it's pure speculation, and because you have managed to create a computer model you think it has some validity. I can easily put some numbers into a computer spreadsheet and "prove" that 1+1=3, but that doesn't mean it's true.

So, do you believe Jesus has come to earth and died in each of those 7000 year cycles, or do you believe what is says in multiple places in the Bible about Jesus only dying once? E.g, Romans 6:10 (CJB): "For his death was a unique event that need not be repeated; but his life, he keeps on living for God."
Bret

Postby RickCHodgin » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:58 am

So, do you believe Jesus has come to earth and died in each of those 7000 year cycles, or do you believe what is says in multiple places in the Bible about Jesus only dying once? E.g, Romans 6:10 (CJB): "For his death was a unique event that need not be repeated; but his life, he keeps on living for God."

To answer your question, the theory would state that for each cycle a Savior is given to the people in that cycle. They are saved by their Savior, and His sacrifice for them remains forever.

I have deleted the content of this theory where possible because I am not willing to accept the theory. I reject it based solely on the idea that the theory states our Savior Jesus didn't create everything, but only those things that would be associated with our Earth / cycle. I'm not prepare to accept that.
RickCHodgin

Return to Religion & Politics