Why Are You On This Earth, and Eternity

The intent of this forum is to discuss the controversial topics of religion & politics. I am a Christian, and know that these topics are very emotionally charged. I hope to keep this interesting and intellectual, and I hope you do the same.

Why Are You On This Earth, and Eternity

Postby admin » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:57 am

Admin Note: Moved this from "Global Warming" to its own Topic.

WHY DO WE EXIST on the Earth?

Well well well,,,
I find myself in a forum that invites christian thinking, opinion and views, this is a rarety indeed, as most internet web sites deny the "christian view".

So I sit here, a little apprensive, to the words I want to impart, should I, or should I not type them, what is on my heart, would anyone who read's them be offended?
Probably, yes, probably no, or the reader might just have a laugh and pass them by, we shall see.

And so I will make a start, a start on a journey of life which will go on forever and ever and ever.

So I begin by asking you the reader, have you ever asked yourself, why do you exist?

How big are you? the real you that exists, the thinking you, the you that makes decisions, the you that feels pleasure or pain, the you that is inside your head.
Ah arrrr, thats what I meen, the you, your spirit, not you the face we all see on your body, I mean the you, the REAL you, inside your head.
How big are you, or should I say, just how small or tiny you really are.

Ohhhh thats a BIG statement isn't it, now can I prove it to you? and the answer is yes, but you need to follow the instructions as you read them here.

We meet all types and sizes of people on this earth, all with different personalities and natures, feelings of pease, feelings of anger, feelings of Love etc, even with different religious views.
Some of the bigger people seem to tower over us, others are fat, others are skinny, others are small or tiny, even different races and colours, but how big are we all? if I said, all are the same size would you believe me?

Lets find out shall we?

OK we know we "exist" in side our head, not the toe, leg or arm or chest, we know without a doubt "WE" the thinking part, that can make decisions, the real you, are somewhere inside the head, in the brain itself.
The Bible says we inhabit the passageways of our mind.

To find out how "big" we are is a simple thing to do, sit down on a chair and raise your finger and gently "tap" a few times on the tip of the nose.
Now while you are doing this, become "aware", that the tapping is infront of you.

Now tap the back of your head, you will become "aware" you are somewhere in front of the finger tapping at the back of your head.
By now you have narrowed down "the you", you are in the middle area, between the front, and the back of your head.

Now, tap just behind your left ear, you become aware you are to the right of the tapping of the left side of your head.
Now tap just behind the right ear, you should now be able to establish "you" are to the left of your right ear.

But we have two more taps to do, tap under your jaw (gently lol), and you will be aware you are "above" your jaw.
Now lastly tap the top of your head, and the "you" will now be noticed to be under the top of your head.

So, just how small are you? you are ""tiny"" arn't you.

If you have trouble seancing where "you" are, then repeat the steps, there is no harm in this, but just don't do it in front of others, they might think you are a bit loose in the top paddock lol.

The Bible says we are as a wisp, this could be discribed as a spirit, the spirit has no sustance, it has no hard physical form, this is the real you.

OK now we must take a look at what God's eturnal plan is for you.
Some will think they die and thats the end of it, they go asleep and never wake up, theur body is burried, the end has arrived, no more worries.
Others believe they will be in another form, others believe if they do everything right then they go onto heaven, others carn't wait to get to hell.

So why do you exist? have you ever given this any thought at all?

From the Christians point of view is this, God imparted a spirit to the body that was created by your mother and father, this is the "real you".
Now why did God do this?
Lets go and take a look at the system that exists when we go and search for a job, we "get" an interview, but usually in every circumstance, the person interviewing you, says, "we will try you out to see if you are suitable to the position". This is a period of trial.
God is no different, HE wants to give everyone every chance of "salvation", if you deny "Him" and live your earthly life your way and not God's way, then there can be only be 1 outcome.

So we all through life, go to school, go to university, get married (God's plan), have children.
We drive the car, travel in aeroplanes, stay with our parents, buy a house, go to the pub, attend church.
Have holidays, make money, go to parties, help others down on their luck, there is an enormious range of things we can or could do all through our lives.

God is no different, "his" plan for people to enter "eternity", our existance on the surface of this earth, from our birth to our death, is purely to make up our minds in the direction we are headding for, once our body dies.
God's way is the 10 commandants, look them up in Exodus.

Upon the death of the body, the soul exits it, hmmmm so what happens then.

Is there a Hell? yes, unfortunatly there is a hell.
Many years ago a drilling rig crew stumbled upon hell, this has been hushed up, but if you google "the screems of hell" you will find the evidence.
Is there a Heaven, yes, many people have died, they have been in Heaven and were told they had to return here to be witnesses to this fact, once again google "I saw Heaven" and you will see for your selves.

So what is the whole purpose for your existance here on the earth? it is for you to make up you mind if you want to go and be with Jesus or Satan.
Every person who has ever lived, right now is in existance, there are those alive in their "earthly bodies" right at this moment, there are those who were alive in their bodies but their bodies have died, then they went to either of two places, Heaven or Hell.

Once your body has died, there is NO COMING back if you find you made the wrong choice whilst you were in your body, God allocates every person who ever lived, a certain number of days to live in his body.

Eternity for you begins from the day you were created by your father and mother, and God imparted your spirit to your body.
You will live forever and ever and ever, FOREVER

Where that is, is your choice entirely.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Why Are You On This Earth, and Eternity

Postby BastetFurry » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:39 pm

it is for you to make up you mind if you want to go and be with Jesus or Satan.

That one begs a question, what if someone says "F*ck you Satan, F*ck you Jesus!"?
According to the Bible the fallen angel can only take people who want to go with him, so when someone says "F*ck you Satan" they declare that they dont like him and dont want to go with him.
And on the other side i dont think that Jesus would want someone who says "F*ck you Jesus".
We have a little double windmill here...
BastetFurry

Postby fungunoid » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:52 pm

I don't remember ever reading that the Dark One could ever take anyone only if they wanted it. Hah, we're not that lucky, kid. The only people who got that choice were Adam and Eve. We, on the other hand, are born into sin. You're doomed to Hell whether you want it or not, except of course if you reach out to Christ Jesus, who alone can save you from such a fate. In fact, I remember the Lord explicitly stating "He who is not with me is against me..." (Luke 11:23). You're a slave to sin by default. Unless you walk in faith through the Spirit, you work against the Father. So I don't see how that question was ever begged, because it's total folly. Especially since Satan's goal is to make you say the second part of your statement. He doesn't care for you. He has nothing but hatred for you. You can hate him all you want, but as long as you're not with Christ, he doesn't care because he already won.
fungunoid

Postby CaptainBuggy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:26 pm

if your asking me that question why are you on this earth and eternity my answer simply

because of my own mission here on earth,.

i believe we have our mission why we are here and it is our duty to search that mission.
CaptainBuggy

Postby brandonmarkings » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:04 pm

If heaven and hell is true, whats the reason for living a life?

I know that a lot of people argue that we have a opportunity here to be evaluated by the god but
i think it really does not make sense at all. more like a motivation for children.
the truth is that we are living on a infinite world with no limitation in every aspect of it.
Good and Bad is a part of it like black and white. no one can say black is unnecessary or white
is dumb. both are useful for an experience. thats my way. whats the alternative?
brandonmarkings

Postby bradp47 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 pm

I think to love people and to pray god. Do some true work in earth to make money and there are many other reason that's why we are in earth. Both hell and Heaven is in earth. When we are happy then it's feels like heaven and when feels sad then it's like hell.
bradp47

Postby nudrat » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:56 pm

How big are you? the real you that exists, the thinking you, the you that makes decisions, the you that feels pleasure or pain, the you that is inside your head.
Ah arrrr, thats what I meen, the you, your spirit, not you the face we all see on your body, I mean the you, the REAL you, inside your head.
How big are you, or should I say, just how small or tiny you really are.

Ohhhh thats a BIG statement isn't it, now can I prove it to you? and the answer is yes, but you need to follow the instructions as you read them here.

We meet all types and sizes of people on this earth, all with different personalities and natures, feelings of pease, feelings of anger, feelings of Love etc, even with different religious views.
Some of the bigger people seem to tower over us, others are fat, others are skinny, others are small or tiny, even different races and colours, but how big are we all? if I said, all are the same size would you believe me?

Postby SeanRamey » Tue May 24, 2016 5:02 pm

Why are we on this Earth? From a christain point of view, because we all need to go through a trial as to whether we are with God or against him. In the end, all who are against Him will be destroyed.

If God knows all, then why would he make something that will rebel against him? Well, this also brings us to our true purpose. Why do we exist? The answer is to accompany God in the universe. Basically, he wanted someone to share everything with, and to talk to and to be friends with. He was lonely, and He made us in His and the angels' forms, to be more like Him. Speaking of which, he also made the angels for the same reason. They were allowed to rebel and did so. That is where Satan comes in aka Lucifer. Anyways, back to original question: why would God make something that will turn against him. Well, he wanted to share the universe with something that had free will. God could create something that doesn't sin, but it might as well be a robot. We had to have the choice to sin in order to truly have free will. So all the imperfections in this world are allowed to happen so that we can be tested, and the bad apples will be tossed out.

After all the testing is said and done, we will have a new Earth, aka Heaven. God will burn this earth and destroy everything on it, then create it all over again, so that it will be like the way it was originally intended to be. Yes we are standing on "Heaven" right now, it's just in the imperfect state. He has made the Earth twice already. Once in the very beginning, when he created the angels, and again after he destroyed it with Lucifer's rebellion and created us. The Bible doesn't really say anything much about the history of the angels, so there is a whole other history that we are missing.

Many people ask, as they should, "why should I believe the Bible to be the word of God?" I mean, it was written by men, right? Well, as far as I know, there is no man that can accurately foretell events that are to happen many hundreds of years after they die, yet, the Bible has many such prophecies that have been completely fulfilled and are 100% accurate. http://www.reasons.org/articles/article ... -the-bible
Nobody can dispute these, as they are historically known facts. There are many prophecies which have yet to be fulfilled, but will come true in time.

BTW, I am pleasantly surprised to find such a forum about religion in a very unexpected area. Thanks for being open! :)
SeanRamey

Postby getsmarteye » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:19 am

Well, That's your thought, We are here because we need to learn life lessons and make our self good. That's it. God is watching all of us.

Get Smart Eye
getsmarteye

Return to Religion & Politics